Tiger Woods:

Reading Tiger's mind is tough. But, I think speculating about how his failed marriage and sexual promiscuity help/hinder his golf game has a lot of explanatory power.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tiger's Putter

The Masters are approaching fast this March. I have been thinking about what really set Tiger apart in the past, it is his putter. He used to be virtually automatic from about ten feet in. Now, he struggles to maintain a decent two putt average. What could possibly have happened?

Putting is a game of will power. In the end, Tiger could use his superior desire to will the ball into the hole. Now that Tiger's life and love have been stirred into turmoil he is confused about what he wants. Where his desires were once clear and centered on one thing, win, win, win, then reap the benefits... Now he's unsure of what he wants. Now, he has a more complex inner strife that ebbs and flows. In other words, Tiger is more like the rest of us now!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I am fascinated by your blog. When I read 'Hyping Tiger', it took me a few moments to realize you were talking about Tiger Woods. Then I read your blurb and everything made sense. I think it's interesting your blog is about golf, but also about Tiger Woods. I'm fascinated by the fact you're analyzing golf and a specific athlete tied to golf. I don't know much about golf. All I know is I've tried golfing in the shooting range and I miss the ball all the time. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts. The mentality and personal life of an athlete affects their performance. The sport and the mind of an athlete are one and when one is out of sync, seems like all other functions go down as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah your blog fascinates me as well. You have done a lot more visual work than I have, I need to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete